Monday, October 22, 2012

Home Stretch

The core features of Weapon M should be finished within a week. I'm eager to share it with a wider audience and start using it in live games myself!

I've given it the ability to auto-load scripts. I've also changed the script manager so that a script is not unloaded if it tries to load another script and the other script's initialization fails. And I gave scripts the ability to load other scripts by name instead of requiring a compile-time reference to their class. These last two changes should make it easier to write a bot that coordinates many other scripts.

I'm considering a few other enhancements, such as per-database auto-loading and giving scripts a chance to recover if a script they require fails after initialization. But these changes will take a back seat to finishing the core features.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! It's been 10 years since I've looked at anything TradeWars related and I came across this on Kickstarter!

    ReplyDelete