Sunday, March 24, 2013

Whateva! I do what I want!

My projects are now all deploying with Maven, except when scp stalls out. I'm still troubleshooting that. Each project's wiki page displays an infobox including links to the latest Maven build. I've been slowly writing other wiki content. And I cast my first line toward getting Weapon M into classrooms. I emailed three professors at the University of Arizona and a blogger who writes about computer science education.

I could write a whole post about the subjective differences between commercial and open-source development. But the biggest difference is that as long as nobody is giving me feedback on my open source projects, my only guide when it comes to what to work on is what I feel like working on. I'm the only person with input on project goals, but nobody holds me accountable if I don't stick to my own plans.

And lately, despite my commitment to moving ahead with JPlex, I'm obsessed with the idea of writing a better lexer and parser generator. So maybe I will. Maybe I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment