Friday, September 21, 2012

A Friend Indeed

As of a few minutes ago, the Weapon is parsing density scans and beginning to parse holo scans, probe reports, and the current sector display. Earlier this afternoon, I added a Debug menu with toggles for the ANSI and script event debug spam. The lexer debug spam is still set at compile time, but I plan to add a toggle for that as well.

Perhaps most useful of all, I've added a database browser. Programmer's Friend is a set of Java libraries distributed under the CDL. Among them is the Java Object Inspector, or JOI. With a single line of code, the JOI pops up a window in which you can inspect the fields of an object. There are a few things I'd change about the interface, but I can't complain about something that simple — not to mention free. I've inspected some of the data the parser is storing, and what I'm seeing looks good. The database browser has already assisted me in fixing one bug.

My funding hit my bank account sooner than expected, so this weekend I'll be shopping around for a hosting solution. Eventually I'll put the project on SourceForge, but I need to host it privately for a couple months to fulfill the exclusive early access rewards. The deal to beat is Subversion and Bugzilla with unlimited users for $15 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment